Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Cake


I always aim to eat protein within 30-60 minutes after I work out. My daily protein shakes were getting pretty monotonous, so I decided to try something new- protein cakes!

This little cake takes just 2 minutes in the microwave. Plus it packs 8 grams of fiber and 30 grams of protein into one mug-sized confection.

Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop protein powder {I use Whole Food's unflavored soy}
  • 3 packets stevia
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 tbs. wheat germ
  • 1 tbs. chocolate chips
  • 3 tbs. water
Directions:
  • Spray mug with non-stick cooking spray
  • Pour pumpkin into mug
  • Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir
  • Add in water 1 tbs. at a time until you reach a thick consistency similar to cookie dough
  • Microwave for 2 mins.
  • Let cool and enjoy
* Protein cakes do not store well, so I suggest eating them right away. I will sometimes save mine for later, but I have accepted the fact that a few hours in my car makes them look much less appetizing.




No comments:

Post a Comment