Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Trail Mix Blondies

I have my own bank account. I have my own car. I even have my own apartment. 
But on Monday, I took an ultimate leap of adulthood- I started college.

I'll admit that I had some negative expectations going into it. However, things have gone much smoother than what I thought.
My work load isn't terrible (although I'm only 5 days in). People are friendly and it is easy to get around.

But one thing that I will complain about is the food situation. My school has a dining hall, but you must eat in the cafeteria. No to-go boxes there.
There is a little grill where you can get salads, (veggie) burgers, wraps, etc. I heard someone say that students should have time to eat there in the 15 minutes that we have between classes.
I'm sorry, but that is complete bull shit. They haven't quite grasped the "fast" aspect of fast-food yet..

Since my options of a quick bite on campus are limited, I decided to start bringing snacks on the days  that my classes are back-to-back.

These blondies are a perfect portable snack for school.


I freeze them so that they'll last longer, and by the time I'm hungry they are thawed out and ready to eat!

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg replacer
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin {you could also try applesauce}
  • 1/2 cup unbleached wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour 
  • 1 cup "brown sugar"
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbs. pumpkin seeds
  • 1 tbs. sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbs. dried cherries
  • 1 tbs. white raisins
Makes 16 bars.

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350º
  • Mix wet ingredients in medium bowl
  • Add dry ingredients and stir well
  • Spray 9x9 pan with non-stick cooking spray
  • Pour batter into pan
  • Bake for 12-15 mins. {until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out clean}

No comments:

Post a Comment