Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crepes with Sweet Cream


If you couldn't already tell, I get obsessed with things. Very very easily. 
One current obsession is getting enough sleep. The minimum I will allow myself a night is 7 hours, but it would be ideal to get more. 

Last night I went to bed at 12:30. That was pushing it, considering I was supposed to wake up at 7:30 for class. I was tossing and turning all night and kept waking up randomly. 
At around 4:30 I managed to fall asleep for good.
This was great! Except for the fact that I didn't wake up again until after 10am...
My alarm didn't go off and I was way past late.

Needless to say, I didn't go to school today. I can only miss so many classes in college before it starts bringing my grade down. 
I was down on myself all morning for over-sleeping but I still wanted to do something productive with my time today.
So I made crepes! That's productive, right..?

At least they made me feel better.

Ingredients:

-Crepes:
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup unbleached wheat flour
  • 2 egg replacers
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tbs. Bestlife buttery spread
  • Dash of salt

-Cream:
  • 1 cup water
  • 2/3 cup dried soy milk powder
  • 2 tbs. xylitol
  • 1/2 tsp. Stevia extract
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

This recipe makes 8 servings of crepes and 8 servings (2 tbs. each) of cream.

Directions:

-Crepes:
  • Whisk eggs
  • Add flours and stir
  • Add remaining ingredients and whisk well until smooth
  • Coat frying pan with non-stick cooking spray
  • Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan, rotating until batter is thin and circular
  • Cook on medium heat until firm and golden-brown
  • Repeat on other side
  • Fill each crepe with 2 tbs. sweet cream


-Cream:
  • Combine ingredients in microwave-safe bowl and stir well
  • Cover bowl with saran wrap
  • Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
  • Let cool before eating
*A whole cup full of sweet cream is only 300 calories!




No comments:

Post a Comment