If you couldn't already tell, I get obsessed with things. Very very easily.
One current obsession is getting enough sleep. The minimum I will allow myself a night is 7 hours, but it would be ideal to get more.
Last night I went to bed at 12:30. That was pushing it, considering I was supposed to wake up at 7:30 for class. I was tossing and turning all night and kept waking up randomly.
At around 4:30 I managed to fall asleep for good.
This was great! Except for the fact that I didn't wake up again until after 10am...
My alarm didn't go off and I was way past late.
Needless to say, I didn't go to school today. I can only miss so many classes in college before it starts bringing my grade down.
I was down on myself all morning for over-sleeping but I still wanted to do something productive with my time today.
So I made crepes! That's productive, right..?
At least they made me feel better.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached wheat flour
- 2 egg replacers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs. Bestlife buttery spread
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup dried soy milk powder
- 2 tbs. xylitol
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
This recipe makes 8 servings of crepes and 8 servings (2 tbs. each) of cream.
- Whisk eggs
- Add flours and stir
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well until smooth
- Coat frying pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan, rotating until batter is thin and circular
- Cook on medium heat until firm and golden-brown
- Repeat on other side
- Fill each crepe with 2 tbs. sweet cream
- Combine ingredients in microwave-safe bowl and stir well
- Cover bowl with saran wrap
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
- Let cool before eating
*A whole cup full of sweet cream is only 300 calories!