Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookie



Is this a beige frisbee? Maybe a pitcher's mound. Or a pancake perhaps?

Nah it's a cookie.

I know what you're thinking: "Since when are cookies as big as the plate they're served on?"
The answer is since, well, now.

My sweet tooth goes into overdrive at night, but I never feel good if I eat too much before bed. 
I sometimes feel sick and have trouble sleeping.
I've even been having nightmares lately, and I think late-night snacking may be to blame.

This cookie cures my cravings for sweets and peanut butter (my other obsession), yet is still light enough to let me sleep easy.

It also has 9 grams of protein, which should be a key nutrient in any pre-bed treat.
It allows muscles to recover as you sleep!




Ingredients:
  • 2 tbs. PB2
  • 2 tbs. unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 tbs. unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tbs. coconut flour
  • 3 packets stevia {or to taste}
  • Water as needed
  • Dash of cinnamon

Directions:
  • Combine PB2, applesauce, flour, and stevia
  • Add almond milk and mix well
  • Add water 1 tbs. at a time if mixture is too crumbly to make it moldable
  • Press dough onto microwave-safe plate 
  • Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds
  • Let cool and sprinkle with cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment