Fall is only 21 days away. I don't know about you, but I'm really excited. I love everything about fall.
It gives me a much needed change of scenery, plus a lot of other perks (like better food and better shopping!)
One thing that's not so exciting is the weather here in North Carolina. It feels like early July, not September. Temperatures this week have been climbing into the 90's and even hit 103º one day!
Even though it doesn't feel like autumn, I decided to do some baking to get myself into the spirit.
These snickerdoodle bites that I made are gluten-free and only 40 calories a piece!
- 3 egg replacers
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbs. unsweetened almond milk
- 1+3/4 tsp. stevia extract
- 1/3 cup melted Bestlife buttery spread
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup "brown sugar"
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Mix xylitol with 1+1/2 tsp. cinnamon and set aside
- Whisk egg replacer with 6 tbs. hot water
- Add vanilla, earth balance, applesauce, and almond milk. Stir well
- Mix dry ingredients and then stir into wet
- Add 2-3 tbs. hot water if dough is too crumbly
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Press dough onto cookie sheet and cut into 32 squares
- Roll squares into balls and press cinnamon-xylitol mixture onto them with a fork
- Bake for 12 minutes