Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chia Seed Pudding

At some point in elementary school I attended a presentation about Native Americans and their lifestyle.

One thing I learned that particularly stuck out to me was that the Native Americans would carry seeds with them to eat during their travels. These seeds would expand in their stomach, keeping them full until they finished their venture.

It wasn't until a few months ago that I made a connection: the seeds I learned about back in the day were Chia seeds- the trendy new "superfood".

They are also the same seeds used in the ever-so-popular Chia Pets of the 90's.


These seeds are the richest plant source of Omega-3's and they're also pretty damn delicious.
I'm slightly obsessed with this raw Chia seed pudding.


It makes a great breakfast, dessert, or snack.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup raw almond milk {or regular if you wish}
  • 2 tbs. Chia seeds
  • Stevia extract to taste
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in small bowl
  • Let seeds soak for 10-20 minutes {I usually place them in the fridge, but this is optional}
  • Stir and serve once seeds have expanded (they will look clear and "gummy")





No comments:

Post a Comment