Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Frequently Used Products

It's pretty easy to convert most recipes to vegan by switching just a few key ingredients.
There are vegan replacements for almost anything!
I encourage experimentation in the kitchen, and many of my ingredients can be substituted.
(What I will note is that the nutritional information I post is based off of the exact ingredients in my recipes, and any substitutions would change that nutrition.)

Instead of explaining in every post the products that I use, I decided to just make a list of the ones I use in most recipes.

*Egg replacement: 
Ener-G egg replacer
•(1 egg = 1.5 tsp of egg replacer + 2 tbs. hot water, whisked)

*Milk replacement:
Unsweetened almond milk 
Unsweetened soy milk

*Butter replacement:
Bestlife Buttery Spread
*Oil Replacement:
Coconut Oil


*Yogurt replacement:
WholeSoy Unsweetened Yogurt

*Sugar Replacement
Stevia (see conversion chart)


Xylitol (1:1 ratio)


•Xylitol and erythritol are both 100% natural sugar alcohols found in plant products. They are low in calories and have minimal effect on blood sugar.
The only downside is that some people experience stomach or digestive problems when eating these in excess.



Erythritol (1:1 ratio)

I know that specialty ingredients can be pretty pricey, which is why I recommend Amazon for just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment