Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Grain Free Pizza Crust


When making recipes, I take into consideration people with food allergies or intolerance. 

I myself don't have any (as far as I know) but I am still very cautious about what I ingest.
My skin is extremely sensitive and I strongly believe that diet may have something to do with it.

That being said, I decided to make a pizza crust that is gluten and grain-free.
It's made with soy flour, which gives it a sort of sweetness.

My mom said it tasted like Pillsbury crescent rolls! 
(I can't say I agree, but hey- if she liked it, I'm happy.)

Even if you don't have any allergies, you can still enjoy this simple crust.
It's both low in carbs and high in protein.


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cup + 6 tbs. soy flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400º
  • Combine dry ingredients in small bowl (setting aside the 6 extra tbs. of flour)
  • Add water slowly, stirring until thoroughly mixed
  • Transfer dough to oiled baking sheet
  • Spread across sheet into desired shape
  • Add the 6 tbs. of flour to aid in spreading dough and keeping it from sticking
  • Bake for 5 minutes
  • Remove from oven, top, and continue baking (about 15 minutes)
One serving is 1/8 of pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment