Fall is in full swing, and winter is just around the corner.
It's beautiful, eventful, exciting...
and downright freezing.
Here in NC we are getting quite a bit of wind chill from the storms up north.*
Just today, another storm hit New York and New Jersey.
Even out west, blizzards are on the forecast.
In the midst of all this chaos, at least you can warm up with a fresh, home-cooked meal.
That's exactly what my family and I did this past Sunday.
I went back home for the day and cooked ratatouille for the rents and my baby brother.
(Although he's not such a baby anymore at 14 years and 6 feet!)
|The combo of fall veggies is perfect for this time of year!|
- Pizza crust
- 1 medium Italian tomato- cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 sweet, red pepper- sliced (about 1+1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small zucchini- sliced (about 1+1/4 cup)
- 1 small eggplant- sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- dash of oregano, parsley, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Combine tomato, pepper, garlic, and spices in saucepan
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 20-25 minutes (until soft and tender)
- Meanwhile, place eggplant and zucchini in microwave-safe dish
- Cover with plastic wrap (pierced to let the steam out) and microwave for 10 minute
- Once tomato mixture is done cooking, spread onto pizza crust
- Top with eggplant and zucchini
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for about 12 minutes
|One serving is 1/8 of pizza|
*On a more serious note, please continue to send your love and support to those suffering from Hurricane Sandy. My grandparents live in New Jersey, and they know firsthand how devastating situations like this can be (emotionally, physically, and financially.)
If you would like to help, you could donate to the Red Cross Hurricane Aid.
A little can go a long way, guys!