Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Pie


What's on your list of 2013 New Year's resolutions?


I know a few of mine:

1. Work on developing better study skills
2. Take up painting again
3. Do more yoga 
4. Think about others' needs rather than my own
and of course
5. Maintain my health

Health-related resolutions are pretty commonplace for most people. Falling off the bandwagon is also pretty common.

I think that the reason for this is because those striving for "health" have the wrong ideas of what health really is. And those ideas are pretty damn unappealing.

You're telling me that to be healthy I must stomach steamed veggies for every meal and spend all my spare time on the elliptical? No thanks...


I have a better idea: I think I'll just enjoy some foods I truly love that love me back... Like this pie!

Creamy, gooey, chocolaty- but not sinful.
What a perfect way to bring in the New Year!


The fiber and healthy coconut fats this dessert contains are both beneficial for the heart.
It's an easy way for me to jump-start number 5 on my resolutions list and stick with it.

Hopefully you all will too (with the help of this recipe).
Happy New Year's everyone!


Ingredients:
-Crust:
  • 1/3 cup + 1 tbs. coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup brown rice flour
  • 1 cup buckwheat flour 
  • 6 tbs. unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 egg replacer
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
-Filling:
  • 1 cup corn syrup 
  • 3/4 cup pureed tofu
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tbs. Bestlife Buttery Spread
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
-Crust:

  • Preheat oven to 350º
  • Mix egg replacer and coconut oil in bowl
  • Stir in salt and flours 
  • Add almond milk gradually while stirring well
  • Form dough into a ball and place in between two sheets of wax paper
  • Roll into a circle and place into pie pan
-Filling:
  • Mix all ingredients until smooth
  • Pour into unbaked pie shell
  • Bake for 1 hour
*1 slice is 1/16 of the pie.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment