Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Gingerbread Baked "Oatmeal" with Eggnog Sauce


I cannot tell you how happy I am to be on winter break.
The weeks leading up to finals left me totally stressed out.

Not only did I have four exams to study for...
I was also working, completing projects, Christmas shopping, moving out of my apartment, and dealing with a speeding ticket (Oops.. I have definitely learned my lesson!)

But now I'm free!
I have until January 28 to relax and work on hobbies that I normally don't have much time for.

I've been writing, painting, and doing yoga like a fiend.
Oh, and of course I've been cooking.

"If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen."

This is what I've been saying since school ended about 2 weeks ago.
I've been experimenting and creating nonstop.

Some things have been extremely successful
...and some things not so much (like a dry and crumbly chocolate cake).


This holiday-themed recipe was one of the experiments that turned out great.
One bite of these warm gingerbread domes and you will be filled with holiday spirit, I swear.

Maybe you can even make some extras to leave out for Santa?

They taste awesome and are super easy to make- leaving you with plenty of time to wrap, bake, carol, or whatever else you may be doing this season.


 Fun fact: You can also eat the batter uncooked (or microwaved for 30-45 seconds). It tastes like oatmeal but it's much lower in carbs.

Ingredients:

-"Oatmeal"
  • 1/4 cup texturized vegetable protein
  • 3/4 cup pureed tofu
  • 2 tbs. unsweetened almond milk
  • 1-2 packets stevia
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • sprinkle of cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg
  • 1-2 packets stevia
-Sauce
  • 1 tbs. cornstarch
  • 1 packet stevia
  • 1 tbs. dairy-free eggnog (I use Silk Nog)

Directions:
  • Combine tofu and TVP in small bowl
  • Add remaining oatmeal ingredients and stir well
  • Transfer to two microwave-safe ramekins
  • Microwave for about 1.5 minutes (or less if you have a strong microwave)
  • Meanwhile, microwave eggnog for about 10-15 seconds
  • Mix in cornstarch and stevia, whisking with fork until smooth
  • Pour over oatmeal domes once they are done and slightly cooled

*Nutritional facts are for one "dome" including sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment