Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eggplant Chips


I am in shock. Literally, I can't believe what I am seeing.
Outside my window there is about 2 inches of snow on the ground. 

What? Snow in Greensboro, NC?
Yes, you heard right.

Although it was 70º just this past week, the weather reporters were (surprisingly) correct in their claims that there would be a wintry storm this weekend.

All of this cold, dreary weather puts me in the mood to bundle up and watch a movie.

My top 3 favorites are Rent, About a Boy, and Where the Wild Things Are-
however I don't know if I can convince the other viewers to watch any of these!

Maybe we'll compromise with a good ol' horror film... Which wouldn't be complete without a bowlful of my favorite crunchy snack.

At the moment, that happens to be these crispy veggie chips. They only contain 4 ingredients and you can gobble up the entire batch for 70 calories!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 medium eggplant, sliced
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. Bragg's liquid aminos


Directions:
  • Mix lemon juice, vinegar, and aminos in large shallow bowl
  • Cut eggplant slices in half and place in bowl for 1-2 hours (making sure that all slices are equally submerged)
  • Place teflex sheets on dehydrator (you can use saran wrap if you don't have teflex- I did this and it worked fine)
  • Arrange eggplant on sheets and dehydrate at 110º for 3-4 hours*



*If you don't have a dehydrator, you could bake chips in the oven. However, they would no longer be raw


2 comments:

  1. I love dehydrated eggplant chips too! So addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're the best! These ones turned out sweet like apples

      Delete