Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Raw "Rice" Pudding


Hey guys, I'm still here! I know that it's been a few weeks since I've posted anything- and I've missed it a lot.

But I'm definitely ready to make up for my lack of my recipes. I've got a lot coming, and there's one main reason for this: I've been on a raw food kick.

Therefore I've been whipping up raw vegan recipes like a fiend. Expect to see hummus, veggie chips, and fudge in the near future.

My most recent raw creation is "rice" pudding.
It's so easy to make and a lot better for you than that Kozy Shack crap.
So eat up!

One recipe serves 2
P.S. You can find this recipe featured along with many other's on the blogs Diet, Dessert and Dogs (Wellness Weekend) and Gluten-Free Cat (Raw Food Thursdays)!


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
  • 1/8 cup wheat berries (soaked overnight)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. stevia extract (or 2 tsp. of agave, if you prefer)
  • pinch of ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg


Directions:

  • Drain and rinse cashews
  • Process in food processor with agave and 1 tsp. water until completely smooth (add more water if needed)
  • Mix cashew cream with spices
  • Drain and rinse wheat berries
  • Stir into cashew cream and serve
*Nutritional info is using stevia

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally intrigued by soaked (but uncooked) wheat berries! Great idea. And this does look very comforting and yummy. Thanks so much for linking up to Wellness Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm really excited about this! I've never tried wheat berries before, most likely because the word WHEAT sends me running! Would you like to share this at my weekly Raw Foods Thursdays? Here's a link to last week's event:

    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2013/01/raw-foods-thursdays-11713/

    Glad to have found your site through Wellness Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to share! Im looking forward to checking out your site too; thanks for the opportunity (:

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing with RFT! I'm going to highlight your submissing tomorrow for this week's event.

      Delete