Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cheesecake Cookie Bars


 Happy Valentine's Day! Or Single's Awareness Day, depending on your perspective.
Funny how the acronym is SAD, right? Well, maybe not so funny for some.

Anyway, enough about relationship statuses. Save that drama for Facebook.

We have something much more important to discuss-
This Cheesecake Cookie Bar recipe AKA the most perfect and wonderful V Day gift ever!

I'm not really one for flowers. And I don't care much about fancy jewelry.
But what I do love are sweets, especially anything made with chocolate.

So what better way to treat myself than with these bars? They are oh-so-decadent and will melt in your mouth, I promise! Did I mention that they are also low-fat, low-sugar, and less than 100 calories?

Your Valentine will be sure to adore you after you give them a taste of these.


Or better yet, make a whole batch just for you! 

...and you think I'm kidding. Isn't loving yourself a good thing? 

In all seriousness, I've been working really hard the past few years to rebuild my self-image.
I have my rough days, but I can honestly say that I have learned to love myself. 
It's been a struggle, as you can see here.

However simple things like eating right, exercise (in moderation), being productive in school and work, and maintaining good relationships with my friends and family have helped me to feel good about the person I am today.

Ingredients:

Cookie dough:
  • 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup xylitol
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
Cheesecake:
  • 7 oz. (3/4 cup) silken tofu
  • 1 tbs. lemon juice
  • 1 tbs. almond butter
  • 1 egg replacer
  • 1/4 cup xylitol

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350º
  • Puree chickpeas in food processor until smooth
  • Add to mixing bowl along with remaining cookie ingredients and stir well
  • Pour dough into greased brownie pan
  • Puree tofu until smooth
  • Mix with remaining cheesecake ingredients
  • Spread evenly over cookie dough
  • Bake for about 50 minutes
  • Slice into 12 bars


P.S. Here are some awesome Valentine's quotes by some awesome people to give you a laugh:

"I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox."
-- Woody Allen

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
-Charles Schulz

               "Valentine's Day money-saving tips: Forget rose petals. Sprinkle the bed with sliced beets!"
-David Letterman


No comments:

Post a Comment