Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Five-Minute Cheezeburger


I can't begin to explain how busy I've been lately.
At this very moment I am rushing through dinner at my school cafeteria (as I'm writing this post.)
This is pretty common for me- no wonder so much food gets on my laptop...

I'm about to head off to a movie that I'm already late for.

A typical day for me involves about 30 miles of driving. From home to the gym to school to work to wherever else I may have to go on a given day.

With my hectic schedule, it can be hard to find the time to prepare healthy meals.
However, that does not mean that I'll settle for unhealthy convenience foods.


I just create quick recipes like this! Tastes good and good for me.
It takes literally 5 minutes to prepare and can easily be packed up for a meal on-the-go!

It packs a hefty amount of protein to keep me satisfied on my busiest days.


Ingredients:

Directions:
  • Add 1/4 cup boiling water to TVP and stir
  • Mix in nutritional yeast
  • Form into a burger shape and place on non-stick frying pan
  • Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, then flip and repeat on other side

*Nutrition info does not include bun or condiments

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is texturized vegetable protein, a defatted soy product. I added a link to my favorite brand!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for blogging this! I want to try this. I think TVP should be where the other flour stuff is, at Wholefoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out! I have never looked for it at whole foods actually, but I buy mine on Amazon

      Delete