I want to start a revolution. I like to think it's pretty simple.
All it consists of is showing our love. Expressing the feelings we may not normally verbalize through actual words and actions.
I know how much I love certain people in my life, but I'll admit that I don't take the time to show them nearly as much as I should... I think a lot of people can relate.
It doesn't take much to let someone know you care. Simple gestures are often the most appreciated.
I've been trying to be conscious of what I can do to show my loved ones how much they mean to me.
The other day I cooked these lasagnas and had them hot and ready when my family came home- I even topped them with little polenta hearts!
This recipe will be appreciated by anyone your heart beats for, whether that be a significant other, family member, or maybe a good friend.
Now, this recipe is not exactly simple. But hey, it's a labor of love.
For years I came home from school or sports expecting dinner on the table, and so I took an opportunity to return the favor.
I am challenging myself to take loving actions throughout my day- not just on Valentine's but all the time. How can you do the same?
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 Campari tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup vegan ricotta
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- Slowly add cornmeal and salt
- Reduce heat and stir continuously until cornmeal is thick and scoop-able (about 10 minutes)
- Pour about 1/4 cup of mixture into 6 large cupcake tins
- Pour remaining mixture onto a cutting board or baking sheet
- Once cornmeal on the cutting board is cool, cut 6 small hearts in it with a knife or cookie cutter and set aside
- Mash or slice what is left of the cornmeal
- Meanwhile, process tomatoes and spinach (separately) in food processor
- Layer ricotta, tomato, spinach and remaining cornmeal in cupcake tins
- Top with cornmeal hearts
- Bake for about 45 minutes
*I shared this recipe on Delicious Dish Tuesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Wheat-Free Wednesday, Wow Me Wednesday, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, and Whatever Goes Wednesday- Check it out!