Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, February 11, 2013

Mini Polenta Lasagnas

I want to start a revolution. I like to think it's pretty simple. 
All it consists of is showing our love. Expressing the feelings we may not normally verbalize through actual words and actions.



I know how much I love certain people in my life, but I'll admit that I don't take the time to show them nearly as much as I should... I think a lot of people can relate.

It doesn't take much to let someone know you care. Simple gestures are often the most appreciated. 

I've been trying to be conscious of what I can do to show my loved ones how much they mean to me.
The other day I cooked these lasagnas and had them hot and ready when my family came home- I even topped them with little polenta hearts!

This recipe will be appreciated by anyone your heart beats for, whether that be a significant other, family member, or maybe a good friend.


Now, this recipe is not exactly simple. But hey, it's a labor of love.
For years I came home from school or sports expecting dinner on the table, and so I took an opportunity to return the favor.

I am challenging myself to take loving actions throughout my day- not just on Valentine's but all the time. How can you do the same?

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 4 Campari tomatoes
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 cup vegan ricotta




Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350º
  • Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
  • Slowly add cornmeal and salt
  • Reduce heat and stir continuously until cornmeal is thick and scoop-able (about 10 minutes)
  • Pour about 1/4 cup of mixture into 6 large cupcake tins
  • Pour remaining mixture onto a cutting board or baking sheet
  • Once cornmeal on the cutting board is cool, cut 6 small hearts in it with a knife or cookie cutter and set aside
  • Mash or slice what is left of the cornmeal
  • Meanwhile, process tomatoes and spinach (separately) in food processor
  • Layer ricotta, tomato, spinach and remaining cornmeal in cupcake tins
  • Top with cornmeal hearts
  • Bake for about 45 minutes 


4 comments:

  1. I love it! I've pinned this to try for dinner sometime soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Heart-shaped lasagna?! This is too perfect! I love polenta-as-lasagna, too. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete