Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Tofu Ricotta


I see packaged vegan ricotta in the grocery store all the time, yet I haven't tried it.
It fascinates me but all the additives freak me out.

I'd much rather eat a product where I know exactly what goes into it. No oils or thickeners. Just simple, wholesome ingredients.

This tofu ricotta is both lower in fat and higher in protein than the other types I've seen.
Plus it's so simple to make that it barely requires directions!

Ingredients:
  • 7 oz. (3/4 cup) firm tofu
  • 1 tbs. nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • Dash of celery salt
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixed but still slightly "chunky"

No comments:

Post a Comment