Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Coconut Berry Mousse

As much as I hate to admit it, I am a pretty high-strung person.
Okay, scratch that. Very high-strung.

This is fully because of my own doing. I have hang-ups (that I'm trying to work on) which result in this tightly-wound persona.

I feel bad if I'm not constantly doing something productive. I don't like to "waste" time. Even my hobbies must benefit me in some way.
(I am not one to sit down and watch television- I would much rather read an article or create a recipe!)

I also am a self-declared introvert, meaning that constantly being around others is emotionally draining for me. This does not mean I don't like social settings; it just takes more effort for me to engage in interactions. 
I don't feed off of other people like extroverts do.



I feel like I am constantly running, in a sense. Always moving from one task to the next throughout my week. And always around others- whether at work, school, home, or with friends.

This schedule puts me on edge. By the end of the week I am worn out!

My one chance to completely unwind and relax during the week is when I do yoga.
It is one of my favorite past-times, one with a multitude of benefits.

When I go to a class, I forget everything else going on and just chill.

If you haven't tried yoga, I suggest that you do so right now.
Lik seriously, grab yourself a mat and get going!


I wish I had more time to attend yoga classes, but right now it's limited to just Sundays.
This past Sunday's class was just what I needed.

It had a lot of flow, which I love- it's a great way to get your heart rate up.
I used the meditation period to focus on what got me so anxious all the time.
I realized that I try to control everything in my life when in reality I can only control very little.

What a profound insight! See what yoga can do for you?

Anyway, by the time I got home I was famished. There weren't many groceries in the fridge, but I managed to whip up this scrumptiously decadent concoction. 


I know that it's a little early for berries, but I couldn't resist getting some when I saw them. 
Spring is coming soon enough!
This mousse could be a pre-yoga breakfast, mid-day snack, or a light dessert.

I can guarantee that it'll get you in the mood for the coming season- however you choose to enjoy it. 


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tsp. agar powder
  • 2 packets Stevia
  • 1/2 cup strawberries
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 tbs. coconut flakes
  • 1 tbs. pumpkin seeds

Directions:
  • Combine milk and agar in a small sauce pan
  • Bring to a boil and stir constantly until agar is dissolved
  • Pour into mug or ramekin and place in fridge until set
  • Meanwhile, puree berries in food processor
  • Add Stevia and agar custard (once it is firm) and blend until smooth
  • Pour into serving glass and top with coconut and pumpkin seeds (I pulsed mine in the food processor a few times)


2 comments:

  1. Great recipe. Your mousse would have looked more spectacular if you had put it in a nice glass. Check garage sales and Goodwill to get some nice, even vintage serving ware for your recipes. The mousse looks delicious but that glass looks just like one I brush my teeth with.;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input; I'll keep my eyes open!

      Delete