Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Lucky Rainbow Salad


I've noticed that when I tell someone I'm vegan, most of my conversations go the same way:

"So, all you eat is salad."
(False)
"And all salad is boring."
(Also false)
"Therefore, everything you eat is boring."
(Couldn't be further from the truth)

Their reasoning is right, but their premises and their conclusion are all wrong!
(Hey, I aced logic folks.)

My rebuttal:

1. "I do enjoy a nice salad from time to time, but they definitely don't make up the majority of my diet."

2. "Who says salads have to be boring?"

This one sure isn't. Just look at how colorful it is.


It's anything but boring! Some might even consider it lucky.
Why?

Well, rainbows are a symbol of luck. And this salad contains all the hues of a rainbow. Therefore, this salad is a lucky one!

...Is that too far of a stretch?


Okay, I'll stop. But just 'cause I want you to get to the recipe (:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup baby carrots
  • 10 radishes (about 3/4 cup)
  • 1/2 cup sliced summer quash
  • 1 cup mixed spring greens
  • 1/3 cup cubed avocado (about half of a small)
  • 1 tbs. nutritional yeast
  • Apple cider vinegar as needed
Directions:
  • Place greens in large bowl
  • Pulse first three ingredients (separately) in food processor
  • Spread over top of the greens
  • Place avocado, nutritional yeast, and vinegar in food processor (this is your dressing)
  • Pulse until smooth, adding vinegar 1 tbs.  at a time until you reach your desired consistency
  • Drizzle over salad and serve




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

    Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

    ReplyDelete