Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

My First Award

Hello, everybody. I'm pretty excited because the other day Carrie of Wanted...More Friends to Feed nominated me for the Liebster Award!


I did some research but the origin of this award seems to be untraceable. The term liebster means "dearest" in German and apparently the award is given to bloggers with under 200 followers (although I've also heard 3,000?) 

Hmm, that's quite a difference. Well, you know how stories get muddled the more they get passed around.

Either way, I'm happy to accept this award! I figured it was a good way to check out some new blogs and it just seemed like fun- so I chose to partake.

As tradition goes, I have to nominate 11 more bloggers in exchange for this nomation. I also have to ask them 11 questions about themselves, as well as list 11 random facts about myself and answer Carrie's questions for me.

The blogs I chose to nominate are (drumroll please...)











They are all great so check them out!
And as promised, here are my questions:

11 Random Facts About Me
  1. I was born in California and lived there until I was 11
    1. I went to private schools (with uniforms) until my sophomore year of high school
    2. I have never been to a wedding
    3. Nut butters (cashew, peanut, sunflower) are my favorite food. I could literally eat a jarful in one sitting- but choose not to because I would probably regret it later
    4. I took ballet for 11 years (along with jazz, hip-hop, and modern at certain points)
    5. I am part Puerto Rican and part Greek
    6. I've always aspired to own a pet pig 
    7. I think mayonnaise is the most disgusting thing in the world- but I do like Veganaise 
    8. Pocahontas was the first movie I ever saw in the theatre
    9. NYU is my dream school and I would love to go there for a med degree
    10. Where the Wild Things Are and Rent are two of my favorite movies

    11 Questions from Carrie
    1. Why did you start your blog? I wanted a place to share my journey into veganism
    2. What did you want to be when you were 5? I wanted to be an artist
    3. Who is your biggest inspiration and why? I'm inspired by any woman who works hard to embrace what they are passionate about
    4. If you were stuck on a deserted island with one person, who would it be and why? Anyone handy who could build a boat for us to get off the island
    5. What's your greatest achievement? Working to overcome my eating disorder (although this is more of a process than an achievement)
    6. What's your favorite season? Summer! I hate the cold.
    7. What advice would you give to a new blogger? Don't be afraid to promote yourself (without being pushy) and be patient- finding a niche and gaining followers takes time.
    8. What's your favorite song? I love so many but Wonderwall by Oasis and Wide Eyes by Local Natives are two that never get old.
    9. Do you put your pants on left side first, right side first or both legs at once? I think I start with my right leg
    10. Hoodie and Jeans or a Dress and Stilettos? Definitely hoodie and jeans, although I like dressing up every once in a while
    11. What is your dream travel destination? I would really like to visit Costa Rica

    My 11 Questions for My Nominees?
    1. What made you interested in food and/or fitness?
    2. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
    3. Do you own any pets and if so, what kind?
    4. How long have you been blogging for?
    5. What the first concert you went to?
    6. If you could live in any decade, which would it be?
    7. Are you a night person or a morning person?
    8. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    9. What is your favorite hobby?
    10. Do you like coffee or tea (or neither)?
    11. Do you prefer big parties or small group gatherings?








    2 comments:

    1. aw thanks so much for the nomination, Quincy!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for sharing, loved being able to learn a little bit more about you:) Hope you had as much fun as I did with it!!

      ReplyDelete