Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Carrot-Orange-Lemon Juice

Take a look at this picture:


Doesn't it make you wanna lay out on a hammock with a good book under your arm? 
And guzzle down a nice tall glass of that beautiful juice? 
With your iPod softly playing and your cat curled up beside you?

...Alright, maybe I got a little too specific. 
That's what I fantasize about when I see the picture. Your idea of a perfect springtime day might be a bit different, but you get the idea. 

This juice embodies everything I love about spring. It is bright, colorful, and very energizing. Just seeing it makes me happy.


Carrot, orange & lemon may sound like a strange combination. But I guarantee it will tantalize your taste buds and leave you desperate for more.

It is refreshing and surprisingly addictive. There is something about the sweet/tart combo that is magical. Like a childhood treat- reborn into something much healthier.


My inspiration for this juice came from my trip to Italy last summer. The drink was served at almost every breakfast I attended. My family and I fell in love.

Juice blends with the addition of carrots are much harder to find in the US than they are in Europe. (I'm not sure why that specific combination is so popular there). I have seen a few in local health food stores, but at a far greater cost.

Making my own is simple and a lot friendlier to my wallet. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 orange
  • 3/4 cups diced carrots (about 16 baby carrots)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in high speed blender
  • Blend until smooth
  • Strain juice through cheesecloth or strainer (making sure to squeeze out all excess liquid)
  • Store leftover pulp and enjoy
*Please note that nutritional info is an estimation. Calories and carb content of this recipe are closer to accurate but the rest is harder to calculate (since the juice pulp is removed)- so the other macronutrients are roundabout figures.


2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, this sounds like heaven! I will absolutely try this. Ideally with my kitty curled beside me. ; )

    ReplyDelete