Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Greek Rice Patties


I hate to waste anything. 

I always take home restaurant leftovers. I reuse plastic baggies as many times as possible.
Hell, I'll even save strawberry leaves and throw them in my green smoothies.

And I absolutely try to use up all "miscellaneous items" in the fridge before any of them go bad and must get thrown away.


This mediterranean recipe was inspired by a recent refrigerator clean-up. A couple olives, a bit of cooked rice, a half-empty jar of tahini... 

These were just some of the odds and ends found lurking in my fridge- behind almond milk, kale, and other more regularly used items. 
These ingredients melded beautifully. Lucky for me because I was hungry and pretty desperate.


This recipe made perfect use of what I had to work with. 

It is really satisfying as a snack or part of a meal!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of wild rice (cooked)
  • 4 pimento-stuffed olives (diced)
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 egg replacer
  • 1 tbs. tahini

Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients 
  • Form into 3 patties and place onto oiled frying pan
  • Cook on high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side


No comments:

Post a Comment