Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tropical Stuffed Pancake

All for one, not one for all. Not in this case, at least.


This Mother's Day, this pancake is all for mom and no one else! 
Trust me, after one taste she won't want to share.

I am your typical (semi) broke college student. Therefore, I find myself making gifts pretty often.
This is usually a win-win because I love being creative and my mom claims that she loves homemade goods- They come from the heart (:


While I do plan on surprising my mom with a few store-bought gifts this year, I figured that a nice breakfast might be an appreciated addition. This recipe did just the trick.

Sure, stuffed french-toast is a typical breakfast find, but I wanted to make something a little more interesting. Although I wasn't sure if I would have success, I decided to try my hand at a stuffed pancake. Luckily for me, I had great success!


This particular pancake is tropical-themed. 
It has lovely hints of coconut and is filled with a kiwi chia jam. 

I topped my pancake creation with some WholeSoy yogurt and cinnamon for a final touch.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, and to my own!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbs. soy flour
  • 1 tbs. ground flax
  • 1 tbs. reduced-fat coconut
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 egg replacer
  • 1 kiwi
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 3 packets Stevia
Jams made with chia seeds are popping up all over the blog world- look it up!

Directions:
  • Peel kiwi and mash
  • Combine with chia seeds and 1 Stevia packet & set aside (this will be the "stuffing")
  • Combine remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth
  • Oil frying pan and set on stove at medium heat
  • Pour 1/2 pancake batter onto frying pan 
  • Scoop kiwi jam onto center of batter and top with remaining batter until covered
  • When bottom of pancake is fully cooked, carefully scoop it up with a spatula and flip (using the help of a plate or another frying pan if needed- pancakes are very fragile!)
  • Reduce heat and keep flipping if necessary until both sides are browned and have melded together



2 comments:

  1. Lucky Mom you have there ;)
    This looks lovely and you're such a sweet daughter ;)
    I can't wait for mine to do this one day... I think I'm getting teary ;)
    She's only 5 but one day.... this is my dream ;)
    Sending big hugs to you and your mom!
    xoxo
    ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am a lucky daughter as well.
    I'm sure that time will come before you know it. I just checked out your blog; I love it and your daughter is adorable (:
    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete