I'd recently been on the lookout for a raw yogurt recipe, but most of the ones I knew of required a young Thai coconut- which is not inexpensive, nor easily accessible to me.
Then I wandered upon Megan's recipe for almond yogurt. No coconuts here! And only 4 ingredients (three if you don't count water). How simple is that?
This yogurt has become a favorite of mine.
To spice it up a bit, I incorporated it into this muesli recipe- My breakfast routine just got a lot more interesting.
The probiotics and the fiber in this recipe are so great for digestion. So it won't leave you feeling weighted down.
And don't let the avocado scare you away! The taste is hidden among the other ingredients yet the smooth, creamy texture remains.
- 1/2 cup raw almond yogurt
- 1 medium avocado
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2 dates (chopped)
- 2 dried figs (chopped)
- Stevia to taste
- Blend yogurt and avocado in food processor until smooth
- Transfer to small bowl and stir in oats and Stevia (as needed)
- Garnish with dates and figs
- Place in fridge overnight if desired, or eat as is
*One recipe serves 2