Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cookie Dough Protein Chunks


I am obsessed with raw cookie dough. I always have been.

When I was younger I would eat it by the tub (despite my dad's warnings not to).
Fortunately, I never got salmonella like he was afraid of.

What I did get were some terrible stomach aches and nasty sugar rushes. 


I guess as I get older, I get a little wiser- because I was able to come up with this much healthier replacement.
These bite-size cookie dough chunks are free of white flour or sugar. They contain fiber and protein to help you maintain healthy levels of blood sugar.


Plus there are only 5 ingredients! 

The dessert fiend of my childhood is still lurking somewhere inside me, but I am also much more nutrition-conscious now. 

That's why I love to create recipes that are both healthy and delicious.


If you like cookie dough, then you are sure to love these!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1 scoop raw protein powder
  • 1 tbs. agave
  • 3 tbs. cacao nibs
Directions:

  • Drain cashews and place in food processor
  • Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (you are looking for the texture of nut butter)
  • Slowly add protein powder and coconut milk (1 tbs. of each at a time) and continue to pulse until well blended
  • Add agave and blend one last time
  • Transfer dough to small bowl and fold in cacao nibs
  • Press into pan and place in freezer overnight
  • In the morning, cut into chunks (I ended up with 32) and store in the fridge




4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! I must highlight it at Raw Foods Thursdays tomorrow, and I MUST eat these soon! Excited that I have all of the ingredients right now! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the bad sugar rushes - for me they've always been sugar crashes. Fortunately I outgrew that years ago, but I still like something sweet occasionally, so these chunks sound like a great thing to try. I've always rather liked cookie dough, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh sugar crashes are even worse. These are great for the occasional sweet tooth- hope you like them!

      Delete