I am obsessed with raw cookie dough. I always have been.
When I was younger I would eat it by the tub (despite my dad's warnings not to).
Fortunately, I never got salmonella like he was afraid of.
What I did get were some terrible stomach aches and nasty sugar rushes.
I guess as I get older, I get a little wiser- because I was able to come up with this much healthier replacement.
These bite-size cookie dough chunks are free of white flour or sugar. They contain fiber and protein to help you maintain healthy levels of blood sugar.
Plus there are only 5 ingredients!
The dessert fiend of my childhood is still lurking somewhere inside me, but I am also much more nutrition-conscious now.
That's why I love to create recipes that are both healthy and delicious.
If you like cookie dough, then you are sure to love these!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop raw protein powder
- 1 tbs. agave
- 3 tbs. cacao nibs
- Drain cashews and place in food processor
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (you are looking for the texture of nut butter)
- Slowly add protein powder and coconut milk (1 tbs. of each at a time) and continue to pulse until well blended
- Add agave and blend one last time
- Transfer dough to small bowl and fold in cacao nibs
- Press into pan and place in freezer overnight
- In the morning, cut into chunks (I ended up with 32) and store in the fridge