As I've mentioned several times, I really love cauliflower rice.
(Can you guess where I'm going with this? Hint: check the post title.)
Whenever I buy a head of cauliflower, I process the whole thing at once and stick it in the fridge for later use.
It generally is thrown into salads or stir-fries. Sometimes it is the base of my grain/bean/grain combos.
But what I have not yet shed light on is the other side of cauli rice- the sweet side.
Yes, I incorporated cauliflower into a sweet recipe. A breakfast one at that!
This recipe is the perfect vehicle for sneaking in some more vegetable servings for the day.
When soaked in almond milk, the cauliflower gives this raw porridge a great texture.
Stir in some superfoods plus little bit of sweetener and you've got yourself the breakfast of champions!
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (about 2 cups worth of chopped cauliflower)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs. maca powder
- 1 tbs. goji berries
- 1/4 tsp. bee pollen (optional but delicious)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tbs. almond butter
- Combine cauliflower rice, goji berries, and almond milk in bowl
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or more). The longer you soak, the softer the "rice" becomes.
- Remove bowl from fridge and stir in maca powder, bee pollen, cinnamon and stevia
- Drizzle with almond butter