Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

(Almost) Raw Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pumpkin is everywhere. I mean, the food industry treats it as if it's practically holy. This year it seems even worse than ever.
And don't even get me started on food bloggers... If it's pumpkin then we're all about it.
 But can you blame us?


I tried to avoid the whole craze at first, but who am I kidding? I'm just as in love with the orange fruit as everyone else.

So I, too, am hopping on the pumpkin bandwagon.


I figured pumpkin cream cheese was a good place to start.
Scratch that, a great place to start.

I have been eating this every day for the past week. It's so good, not to mention good for me (healthy fats, fiber, vitamin A). So how could I let a day go by without having some?


My favorite way to eat it is smeared on toast with a little bit of PB. I'm also thinking about using it as the base for a pumpkin cheesecake that I plan to make this Thanksgiving. 

But it's not even Halloween yet, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself. For now, I'll enjoy it as is.
I hope you like it too!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tbs. lemon juice
  • 3 tbs. molasses 
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice

Directions:
  • Place cashews, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water in food processor or high-speed blender
  • Blend until most cashews are broken-up and mixture moves easily
  • Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth (scraping down sides as necessary and pushing mixture into the blades to ensure an even blend)


No comments:

Post a Comment