Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Cheesy Almond Spread

I've been planning this post for a few weeks now, but I'm only now getting around to actually writing it. I literally have not had one second of down time. Well, not literally... but just about.


I've had homework piled on homework piled on homework. Psych papers here, accounting projects there. Chem labs and bio reports. It's been driving me crazy.

The good news is that fall break is a week away. Hooray! 7 full days of school-free bliss.
The bad news is that I almost don't want break to come because I have so much shit to do before then.

Is anyone else feeling as stressed out as I am?


I've barely had any time to breathe, let alone write. 
My plans for break consist of some serious self-care (mani/pedi, perhaps?) as well as catching up on blogging. I'm also going to test out some new recipes in my beloved Vitamix.

Oh yeah, did I mention I got a Vitamix? Happy, happy birthday to me.


I am already obsessed. It's what I used to create this recipe here.

If you like cheese (and who doesn't?) then you'll be sure to enjoy my cow-friendly, plant-based, tangy, creamy, cheesy spread. Damn, that's a lot of adjectives. Too bad I'm not taking English this semester. Not that I'd have the time to.


Ease your stress and treat yourself to some of this delicious spread.
Slather it on bread, stir it into pasta or enjoy it by the spoonful.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups almonds, soaked 
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1 tbs. mellow white miso
  • 1 tbs. turmeric
Directions:
  • Place the almonds, lemon juice and 1.5 cups filtered water into a food processor or high-speed blender (like a Vitamix)
  • Blend all on high speed for about a minute (or more if necessary) until the mixture is completely smooth. Scrape the mixture down the sides every so often to push it into the blades and ensure an even blend
  • Add remaining ingredients and blend on medium speed until they are fully incorporated
*One recipe makes about 4 cups- yielding 32 servings


2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you! I've been so busy that I'm just now getting to read last week's Raw Foods Thursdays entries! So glad to have you back. I'm featuring your cheese tomorrow!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not alone- this time of year always gets so crazy!
      Thanks for featuring me; I'm glad you like the recipe (:

      Delete