Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Low Fat Chocolate Maca Cookies

I'm truly ashamed of my blogging (or lack thereof) lately. To say that I haven't had time would be a lie.
My plate has become a bit more full within the past couple of months, but that is no excuse.

The truth is that I need to prioritize my time better. As in more productivity, less idleness... 
Especially on social media.


Why is it that what feels like 5 minutes on Tumblr turns out to be 5 hours? I can't be the only one experiencing this. 

My point in mentioning all this is that I plan on changing a few things, one of those being my blogging schedule. I am going to get back on track with creating and sharing articles and recipes.
I also hope to start sticking to a specific posting schedule.

Anyway, let's get to my latest recipe. 


About time, right?

These raw cookies are decadent and rich, with no added sweeteners whatsoever. 



They contain both maca and cacao- two superfoods that can increase energy levels and balance mood. Oh, and did I mention that they are both aphrodisiacs?


Crumble them over oatmeal, take them on the go, stick them in stockings.
Just make them and share them and enjoy them!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup dates, soaked overnight*
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder
  • 3/4 cup oats (GF if preferred)
  • 1/4 cup maca chips
*Soak dates in enough purified water to cover them by about 1 cm. and save the soak water!

Directions:
  • Blend dates (including soak water) and cacao powder in food processor until smooth
  • Add oats and pulse until they are well incorporated into the mixture. At this point dough should be thicker, but still very sticky.
  • Stir in maca chips 
  • Form dough into balls, using about 1-2 tbs. for each
  • Place in dehydrator on texflex sheets (or wax paper) and flatten them down a little
  • Dehydrate for 2 hours

Shared with 5-Ingredient Mondays.

2 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious! I've always been curious about maca but now might be the time to try them, finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juhea! I'm obsessed with it, so watch out

      Delete