Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Raw Christmas Cookies

Merry Christmas, all! I am spending the day with my family so I want to keep this post short and sweet.


At this point, it's a little too late to make these cookies for Santa... But that's alright because you can make them for yourself instead. 


They're raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and incredibly easy to make.


You can even dress them up if you want to. I thought that cacao nibs and raisins gave them a nice flair.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great holiday!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup soaked dates (plus soak water)
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • Optional: spices to taste. (I love cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves- and used them very liberally).

Directions:

  • Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until a "dough" is formed
  • Roll the dough between two sheets of wax paper 
  • Cut into shapes using cookie cutter
  • Store in freezer

2 comments: