Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kiwi Cream Smoothie

If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably know I just got my wisdom teeth out.


My surgery was quick and pretty easy. I have a decent pain tolerance, which is helpful in such situations. I left the oral surgeon with confidence. 

I wasn't out of it, my mouth didn't hurt too bad, I could walk without assistance. 
I thought I would be back to school (and maybe even the gym) within a day or two.

But this morning when I woke up... Surprise! I was groggy, sore, and had cheeks the size of softballs.

So I guess I'll be laying low for a little longer. 

The downside is that it's hard for someone like me to be mellow. I am learning to enjoy it, but I would still rather be up and moving and being "productive". 

However, there is one major benefit: all smoothies and frozen treats, all the time!


I love anything cold and creamy, with a capital L. I drink (or rather, eat) smoothies on a daily basis, but my intake has increased even more these past few days. As if that was even possible. 

I've had my fair share of Red Mango...
(They have vegan & sugar-free flavors now!)
and I've had loads of smoothies. 


This one is my current favorite. I always use bananas as the base of my smoothies, but the addition of kiwi is fairly new. It adds a delicious tartness to my otherwise super-sweet concoctions. 

I also added protein powder for extra creaminess and a little boost. 
This recipe was just what I needed to ease my pain!

Ingredients:
  • 4 frozen bananas
  • 2 kiwis (sliced in half)
  • 1 scoop raw vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbs. psyllium husk
  • 1 handful spring mix or spinach

Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in high-speed blender
  • Add purified water as needed for desired thickness 
  • Blend until smooth





No comments:

Post a Comment