Happy Valentine's Day! (If you choose to celebrate).
Otherwise, happy Friday.
And a very happy Friday for me because school is closed- again.
From what the television's told me, I'm sure I won't be the only one out today.
This weather-induced free time gives us lucky people a perfect opportunity to make this recipe. We all know preparing raw desserts is the most productive way to combat going snow stir-crazy.
This one, in particular, is especially delightful (and generously portioned)- so I created it with the intention to share. I thought you could do the same.
Share with your neighbor. Or your coworker.
Maybe your roommate. Or your mom.
Oh, or your partner, I guess.
Or just eat the whole thing while watching a rom-com by yourself (because it's too damn good to share anyway).
I hope you enjoy!
- 7 mejdool dates (soaked and pitted)
- 1/3 cup mulberries
- 1/4 cup cashew flour
- 2 tbs. chopped raw dark chocolate
- Place dates and mulberries in food processor
- Pulse until well-combined and malleable, adding a little water if needed (no more than 2 tbs. so that the mix doesn't get too sticky)
- Add cashew flour and pulse again (10-12 seconds)
- Spoon mixture onto plate and mold into "dome", then place in freezer to set
- Combine chocolate with 2 tbs. hot water, stirring until melted
- Remove cake from freezer and spread chocolate evenly overtop
- Enjoy! (I doubt you'll have any leftovers... But if so, store in fridge or freezer)