Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rich Dark Chocolate Dome Cake for Two


Happy Valentine's Day! (If you choose to celebrate).
Otherwise, happy Friday.

And a very happy Friday for me because school is closed- again. 
From what the television's told me, I'm sure I won't be the only one out today.


This weather-induced free time gives us lucky people a perfect opportunity to make this recipe. We all know preparing raw desserts is the most productive way to combat going snow stir-crazy.

This one, in particular, is especially delightful (and generously portioned)- so I created it with the intention to share. I thought you could do the same.


Share with your neighbor. Or your coworker. 
Maybe your roommate. Or your mom.
Oh, or your partner, I guess.

Or just eat the whole thing while watching a rom-com by yourself (because it's too damn good to share anyway).

I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 7 mejdool dates (soaked and pitted)
  • 1/3 cup mulberries
  • 1/4 cup cashew flour 
  • 2 tbs. chopped raw dark chocolate 
Directions:
  • Place dates and mulberries in food processor
  • Pulse until well-combined and malleable, adding a little water if needed (no more than 2 tbs. so that the mix doesn't get too sticky)
  • Add cashew flour and pulse again (10-12 seconds)
  • Spoon mixture onto plate and mold into "dome", then place in freezer to set
  • Combine chocolate with 2 tbs. hot water, stirring until melted
  • Remove cake from freezer and spread chocolate evenly overtop
  • Enjoy! (I doubt you'll have any leftovers... But if so, store in fridge or freezer)

No comments:

Post a Comment