Happy St. Patty's Day & Holi Day!
(If you don't know about the latter, it is a Hindu holiday that celebrates friendships/relationships and the triumph of "good" over "evil".)
I honestly have never really celebrated either in years past, but today that might change!
Because 1) I'm on spring break and 2) any excuse to kick back and celebrate is fair game in my book.
I plan on initiating my festivities by feasting on this thick and delicious pudding.
I forgot my real camera when venturing to my parents house for the day. So although you can't tell in these pictures, the end result of this recipe is a deep green-hued dessert (that my iPhone camera couldn't quite capture).
If wearing green on March 17 is good luck, eating green is probably great luck.
Especially when the green in question comes from the all-powerful spirulina.
No toxic sludge (I mean artificial coloring) will ever make its way into my kitchen.
Pairing this nutritious superfood with rich, dark coca makes it all the better.
I hope that this treat brings you the luck of the Irish! I wish you all a grand St.Patrick's Day, Holi Day, and Monday.
- 1/2 cup tapioca pearls
- 3 cups unsweetened nondairy milk (I used soy)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 egg replacers
- 3 tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 tbs. spirulina powder
- Stevia to taste
- Combine tapioca, milk, agave and salt in saucepan
- Cook on medium heat until boiling (stirring frequently)
- Reduce heat and continue to stir for about 5 minutes
- Whisk in egg replacers, cocoa, spirulina, and stevia
- Cook for about 5-7 more minutes, or until pudding has thickened and the powders are evenly dispersed