Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

As the great Bowie once said... "Changes". Amiright?
I'm making some changes around here that I'm pretty damn excited about.
I just recently celebrated by 2-year veganniversary , which just so happens to be the 2-year anniversary of this blog as well.

Woah.

Time has flown so fast, but realizing that has gotten me thinking about all the changes that have occured in my life since then. I won't bore you with the details, but the point is that much has happened since that fateful turning point in my life.

I am no longer cute, little 17-year-old Quincy who started this blog. 


I am about to be 20 (whoop whoop!) and have the maturity and experience to prove it! (Well... most of the time).
 My writing style has changed, my food philosophy has had it's twists and turns, my interests and passions have evolved- 
so I figured it was appropriate for the blog to change along with it. 

(P.S. I have provided photos of upcoming recipes for your viewing pleasure while you read this long-winded but thoughtfully articulated post).
Look, here's one now!
And as I said, I'm pumped about it!
The changes really aren't all that drastic, but for me it feels like a big shift.
I'm allowing myself to move away from the prescribed "vegan food blog mentality" that was so apparent when I started to something more natural and real. 

I want transparency with my readers, and I want to share information that I would want to read.
Because isn't that the whole point of writing in the first place?

What you will see more of:
-More simple, raw or high-raw recipes
-Some decadent recipes thrown in from time to time
-Day in the life (WIAW style)
-Travel logs
-Music(!)
-Fashion(!)
-Restaurant Reviews
-Healthy living tips, of course
-Yoga
-My minimalistic/frugality practices
-Musings from my brain and tidbits from my life
-Favorite things lists (gotta follow the trends, yo)
-Intellectual stimulation
-Social justice issues
-And basically whatever else I feel like

and anotha
What you won't see:
-Nutrition labels. I no longer use them as I believe they can be triggering. If you need some numbers, calculate them yourself. 
-That's about it. Everything else is fair game!

New topics are making me enthusiastic about writing again. I don't want blogging to feel like a chore, like it has at certain points in the past. (Ahem, when I was posting 1< times per month).

I'm ready to get back on my shit. For real, for real. I've said it before and I'll say it again til it happens, but I think this time it's legit.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here is something to leave you with on this fine day.


If you are not familiar with the reference, go get on Netflix (assuming you have it) and watch Portlandia right now! All seasons ideally, but especially season 1 episode 3 so that you can fully appreciate my creativity (aka ability to use photoshop in a mediocre fashion).

That's all for now, but expect more to come!
Peace, 
Quincy

No comments:

Post a Comment