Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Midweek Mashup


Good morning!

So I'm jumping on the bandwagon and doing a "link-love"/"what I'm loving"/"hey look at these things that I think are cool" compilation. 

Will it continue beyond this one post? Who knows. Not me.
But for now I think it's fun. 
I always bookmark interesting posts that I want to do something with (besides read them for my own enjoyment).

Now I can justify my mindless browsing about the interweb by sharing them for others to enjoy.

So here's a mashup of my favorite finds this week- plus some other random thoughts- to pick you up from your midweek slump.
  • I really want to make this apple pie candy on Yum Universe, made from a kombucha SCOBY! Who knew you could repurpose a cluster of bacteria in such a yummy way?
  • If you're not familiar with Rude Rabbit Food, stalk this blog immediately. Everything that comes out of Lindsay's mouth, er computer, literally makes me LOL... Even when I'm by myself... Especially when I'm by myself. It doesn't hurt that her recipes are to die for (and super simple).
  • I may be a little late in the game, but Bojack Horseman is my new favorite adult cartoon. It's more insightful than any other I've seen, with its subtle yet effective social commentary on mental illness. Plus, it has a spot-on cast.
  • Speaking of fave shows (did I really just say fave?) PORTLANDIA. Oh my god. This episode specifically. 
Once again, I'm late in the game. But only because season 4 just came to Netflix a.k.a. my only means of television.
  • On a related note, Carrie Brownstein's 90's riot grrrl band Sleater-Kinney is back together with a new album soon to be released! January can't come soon enough. 
  • I love these wearable planters that I just discovered from none other than wearableplanter.com. Aren't they the cutest? Now you can keep nature close to your heart. And sternum.
  • I'll leave you with this article from Zen Habits- A Quick Guide to Gaining Confidence When You Socialize. It was just what I needed this week and can hopefully be of use to you as well. Leo comes from a place of both understanding and inspiration, which is vital to enacting change.

Happy browsing!
Light & love,
Q


No comments:

Post a Comment